Posts Tagged MySQL

Failed to add tableadapter

I never knew that my second post also will be about the error which I encountered with MySQL and Visual Studio 2008. When I was configuring my Dataset to include table adapter which queried the table client_contact_info which had a foreign key from the table client_base_info gave this weird error


Failed to add tableadapter
Column 'REFERENCED_TABLE_CATALOG' does not belong to table.

Table Adapter Configuration Error

Table Adapter Configuration Error

Looks like I am not the only one in this latest bug whirlpool, I was left with no option downgrading my MySQL connector from 6.0.4 to 5.2.6 and see if this works or not.

All along in developing this Data Access Layer has been cycle of installation and uninstallation. It is sad though, but I believe in “Screw up, Fix and Learn”.

Will keep you guys posted about the next Uninstallation or Working Code :)….

I totally forgot about telling you about de-branding my Sony Ericsson W580i and how made it access the internet through my laptops’ Bluetooth and belive me after the seeing the flash theme of my phone, couldn’t belive more why Sony Ericsson is one of the best mobile phone manufaturers. I will add another post about the steps on how I did that.

Take Care…

Advertisements

Leave a Comment

Error in WHERE clause near ‘@’. Unable to parse query text.

I started to build a asp.net web application with MySQL as the backend. I wanted to use the strong typed dataset so that I can know the methods and the columns of my data table before the compile time.

When I wanted some INSERT queries to be performed with my Client Table I got an error message

Error in WHERE clause near ‘@’.
Unable to parse query text.”

The query which I was executing was

SELECT   client_base_info.*
FROM      client_base_info
WHERE  (client_id =@client_id);
SELECT LAST_INSERT_ID();

As I was using MySQL with MySQL connector 6.0.3 I knew something was not right with connector because I was able execute my query in Toad for. I googled a lot before I landed up at bugreport site of MySQL here.

Looks like my guess was right, after I upgraded my MySQL .NET connector from 6.0.3 to 6.0.4, the error was gone.

Hope this helps you. There are other possibilities for this errror which I am not dealing with.

I am learining a lot of best practices with .NET 3.5 wchich I hope later as move on with this project.

TC…..

Comments (2)